How to withdraw using Layer 2 methods
Layer 2 refers to a secondary framework or protocol that is built on top of an
existing blockchain system. The main goal of these protocols is to solve the transaction speed and scaling difficulties that are being faced by the major cryptocurrency networks.
What this means for you is the ability to withdraw smaller amounts and faster.
How to use USDT, USDC and Ethereum in Layer 2
STEP 1: Create a Metamask or other "erc20" compatible wallet.
Make sure that your wallet provides a private key, exchange wallets do not provide one (ex. Binance, Coinbase, Kraken etc. These wallet providers do not provide a private key. For more info about wallets visit THIS PAGE)
- Open https://metamask.io or search for “Metamask extension”
- Click Download and install
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Click Add Extension.
- Click on the MetaMask icon in the upper right corner to open the extension.
- Click Continue.
- Follow the instructions on how to create the wallet
STEP 2: Enter https://zksync.io/ and link your Metamask account with zkSync!
You will be asked by zksync protocol to make a one time activation transaction (You will need to pay an ETH fee, please make sure that you have ETH already in your Metamask wallet).
STEP 3: Copy your address from zkSync top right corner and paste it in your CamModelDirectory account when requesting the withdrawal.
STEP 4: After 24 hours you will see your payout in your zkSync.io interface.
STEP 5: Now you are the owner of your coins, and you can keep your funds in zkSync until you receive more payouts from us and have a larger amount before exchanging them for cash:
- 5.1 In https://wallet.zksync.io/account/ click withdraw
- 5.2 Enter your destination Ethereum address (it can be an address from an exchange if you wish to exchange to cash)
- 5.3 Now you have your coins in your preferred exchange
This will charge you a fee to move out your coins from zkSync (this fee is payable from your Layer 2 balance)